Discover the Best Places to Stay in El Nido for Your Dream Philippines Vacation – 2023 Hotels Review
Get ready to experience one of the most stunning destinations on earth – El Nido, Palawan in the Philippines! With a plethora of restaurants, shops, attractions, and hotels to enjoy, you’ll want to stay for at least a week (weather permitting) to make the most of this breathtaking location.
Let me help you and introduce you to the El Nido Hotels Scene and help you to find where to stay in El Nido.. 🙂
Table of Contents – Best Hotels in El Nido, Palawan
Where to stay in El Nido | El Nido Best Hotels Review
There are many places to see and tour in El Nido, you probably want to stay there for around a week (depends on the weather) to be able to enjoy everything this amazing place has to offer.
Over the past few years, more and more restaurants, attractions, shops, and hotels are popping, as more tourists are visiting El Nido.
However, finding the right hotel in El Nido can be challenging, especially since the area hasn’t developed fast enough to serve the growing capacity of tourists. That’s why we’re here to help! Our comprehensive review of the hotels in El Nido will introduce you to the scene and help you find the perfect place to stay.
Therefore, this is the most important tip for you, if you are about to visit El Nido:
When you plan to visit El-Nido, try to book a hotel as soon as you know the dates of your stay (at least 3-5 weeks in advance, even earlier, if you’re looking for the best and top-rated hotels in El Nido – and there are no many of them).
Yes, also if you are traveling to El Nido during the off-season… I can tell myself after being there a few months ago.
Discover Your Ideal El Nido Stay: Best Areas to Suit Your Preferences and Travel Goals
There are a few areas you can stay in El Nido, which depends on your preferences, and travel purposes:
- El Nido Town – Situated in the epicenter of the town, treat yourself to an abundance of hotels, restaurants, and scooter rentals. Easily book an island hopping tour from the many tour operators available.
- Corong Corong – Only a 10-minute drive from El Nido town, it’s a less crowded beach, and you can find comfortable hotels here. While there’s not much to do on the beach, you can easily embark on island-hopping tours from here.
- Marimegmeg Beach – With every passing day, this beach is growing and expanding. With an extensive stretch of sand, it’s perfect if you crave lazing around, reading or catching up with friends. Discover assorted dining options and lounger hangouts close by, a short 12-minute tricycle ride (for 150 PHP) away from the town center.
- Las Cabanas beach – Find yourself in the lap of luxury at Las Cabanas, conveniently located next to Marimegmeg Beach, and ideal for absolute relaxation.
- Private Islands – Experience something unique and book a private island stay for a few days. An increasing number of hotels are now offering this!
El Nido is designed to cater to your requirements, regardless of your budget. Cheap hotels are mainly situated in El Nido town, ideal for budget travelers and backpackers, while the surrounding areas offer more spacious or high-end luxury accommodations.
If you’re looking for more spacious or high-class and even luxury places to stay, you can find them too, however, there is a limited selection, therefore I suggest booking ahead.
Discover the Best Value Hotels in El Nido
El Nido Resorts
If you’re looking for a luxurious stay in El Nido, look no further than El Nido Resorts. These top-tier hotels may not come cheap, but their private island locations and unbeatable customer service make them worth every penny.
For a truly unforgettable experience, consider booking a stay at the Pangulasian Resort. With its warm staff, eco-friendly practices, and beautiful animal sightings, you’ll never want to leave. Plus, all water sports and activities are included! Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply treating yourself, a stay at El Nido Resorts is the ultimate indulgence.
El Nido Resorts, situated on private islands, are hands down some of the best hotels in Southeast Asia. While they may not fit into everyone’s budget, they’re the perfect venue for special occasions such as honeymoons or proposals – or any event that calls for a little luxury.
- Super warm staff
- Private Island
- High variety of animals on the island
- Great breakfast
- All sports activities are included (kayaking, snorkeling, lagoon tours)
Check prices: Pangulasian Island
El Nido Mahogany – Corong-Corong
Mahogany Resort was established in 2015 and is located in Corong-Corong beach just a few meters from the water.
They offer spacious and cozy cottages and villas, that are well designed and comfortable.
Corong-Corong Beach during low tide, just in front of Mahogany Resort:
- big, spacious villas/bungalows
- tranquility and sumptuous garden
- large private balcony
- located just near the beach
- Amazin Sunset view
- although it’s located just on the beach, it’s hard to swim in this area due to the low tide.
- 15 minutes walking to the town
Check prices: Mahogany Beach Resort
Coco Resort – Corong-Corong
You can read here my previous post, Coco Resort Review.
Coco resort is located just a few meters from Mahogany in Corong-Corong beach.
Both hotels are quite new, and so are their facilities.
- Hotel rooms and facilities are new
- garden, relaxing resort
- Delicious breakfast
- Big Balcony, with fan
- Poor WiFi (to be honest it’s a common problem in the town)
- a little bit pricey, but comparing other hotels – but worth it
If you’re looking to escape the crowd – you definitely need to consider Qi Palawan, which is considered a true pearl on the Island.
Qi Palawan is located in San Fernando town on the northeastern coast of Palawan approximately 60 minutes from El Nido town and 50 minutes from El Nido airport (not Puerto Princesa Airpot).
The beachfront hotel operates just 8 cottages, and it’s just the perfect place to get away and explore the beach or just relaxing and experiencing Palawan, in a not-touristy way (as much as possible).
- Quite and private stay – couple’s popular choice
- A beachfront hotel with a private beach area
- Clean, comfortable and spacious cottages
- High rated restaurant
- Welcoming stuff
- member of Zero Carbon Resorts
El Nido Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel is located in Barangay Corong-Corong, and to get there; you need to take a tricycle of rent scooters. (7 min)
The panoramic view from the hotel is breathtaking! And a perfect place to escape from the town of El Nido.
- Fantastic view!
- Excellent breakfast
- Recommended booking the Seaview room
- Great staff
- Need to take lot of stairs to get the rooms
- Tricycle is required whenever you want to get to the town
Check prices: Bayview Resort
Slide to see more photos of Bayview Hotel:
This is a budget hotel, located just in the town of El Nido, few minutes of walking from the main road and the restaurants.
The prices are low comparing to other places in the town, and so the accommodations quality, but the view from the balcony (2nd floor) is priceless, plus they serve an excellent breakfast.
Rosanna’s Pension can be a great place to stay if anyway you’re not planning to stay in the room too much…
- Lovely view from the balcony
- Delicious breakfast
- Great Location
- Rooms are dark, not enough light
- Not a spoiling hotel, but providing a great option to low budget travelers
Check prices: Booking.com
Other Hotels in El Nido
More places to stay, which we didn’t stay and can’t review:
- Spin Designer Hostel
- Bucana beachfront guesthouse
- Cabanas de Nacpan Camping Resort
High Budget Hotels and Resorts:
Have you been to El Nido? Which hotel in El Nido do you recommend?
Please share with me in the comments below how was your experience!
Traveling to El Nido?
Check my quick and the only guide you need for Island Hopping in El Nido: